About Judge Brenda Mulllinix
Consistent. Impartial. Knowledgeable.
- Elected Judge of the 387th Judicial District Court, Fort Bend County, Texas in 2012
- Administrative Judge for the Fort Bend County District Courts
- Associate Judge in the 387th Judicial District Court for eight years prior to being elected
- 19 years Legal Experience
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Frequent Speaker at Continuing Legal Education Seminars
- South Texas College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Texas A & M University Kingsville (Formerly Texas A & I)
- Bachelor of Science
- Secondary Education
- Continuing Legal Education
- Married to Mark Mullinix for 45 years
- 2 Children, Brent Mullinix and Brittany Scheefer
- 8 Grandchildren
- Fort Bend County Resident for over 39 years
Present and Past Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Family Law Section Member
- Burta Rhoads Raborn Family Law American Inn of Court
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Fort Bend Bar Association
Present and Past Community Affiliations
- Exchange Club of Fort Bend County
- Fort Bend County Fair Association
- American Business Womens Association
- Fort Bend County Junior Service League
- Fort Bend Child Advocates
- Needville Chamber of Commerce
- Mental Health Assoc of Ft Bend
- Central Ft Bend County Chamber Alliance
- Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Katy Chamber of Commerce
The 387th District Court
The 387th Judicial District Court of Fort Bend County was created by the Texas Legislature in 1999 and commenced operation in September of 1999.
The 387th District Court is a general jurisdiction court, but gives preference to family law matters which consist of issues related to the relationships of families. The issues considered by the court include divorce, child custody, adoptions, child abuse matters, child support modification / enforcement, and domestic violence issues.
The court averages approximately 2,400 new cases filed each year. Brenda Mullinix has served as Judge in the 387th District Court since 2012. From 2004 until elected Judge in November of 2012, she served as Associate Judge of the court.
Do you like this page?